peculiar

 

 

 I used to be afraid to be different from the rest 

afraid that I would come off as peculiar

 

I threw on different masks to show I was like others

adopting music, clothing, shoes, anything to prevent me looking peculiar

 

I judged others who I thought I was "better" than

others who seemed peculiar

 

Yet emptier and emptier I grew

searching for meaning in why I didn't want to look peculiar

 

I slowly sought new goals and aspirations

which consequently made me look peculiar

 

And as I learned more and met new people

I started to learn something quite peculiar

 

 That sometimes the best people and lessons

are found from what first seems the most peculiar

Comments

  1. dear daniel,
    you make a good point.
    it's a peculiar poem!
    glad that you and everyone else i know are peculiar people C:
    i really like your last two stanzas B)
    - grace

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts